Additional Advocacy Programs and Activities
- Ongoing lobbying to support or oppose legislation and regulation with business impacts
- Hosting elected officials at local and state levels to dialogue on business issues and the importance of private business to a strong local economy
- Developing and distributing an annual state and local scorecard to compare our representatives voting records with established Chamber positions
- Organizing trips to Sacramento and Washington D.C. as needed
- Spearheading and participating in coalitions with community organizations for the purpose of advocating and affecting change on specific governmental laws, regulations and statutes as well as local initiatives.