Agriculture relies on affordable water, power, labor, and a favorable regulatory environment. The Chamber will consider all impacts to agriculture in implementing its water, power, and labor policies.
In recognition of the significance of workers’ compensation insurance to agriculture…
The Chamber advocates for:
• Prevention of costs due to fraudulent claims in the workers’ compensation system.
• Reduction of administrative costs.
• Elimination of unnecessary medical and legal costs.
The Chamber Opposes:
• Burdensome regulatory requirements that increase costs.
• Legislation that harms local area farmers and farm workers by placing farms at a competitive disadvantage, increases cost of doing business, and reduces available resources to invest in workers and farms by removing overtime exemption for agricultural employees