The Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce supports efforts to foster a high level of educational quality at California State University, Bakersfield; Bakersfield College; and K-12 school districts serving the Greater Bakersfield region (including charter, home-schooling, and private education entities). The Chamber supports efforts to ensure that educational resources are used effectively and efficiently to enhance student academic achievement.
The Chamber Advocates for:
• Educational training programs including career and technical education and internships that provide a foundation for local businesses to hire students and meet future workforce demands.
• Working with the local educational systems to establish and maintain accountability.
• Legislation that provides for a well trained flexible workforce.
• Working with local educational systems and legislators to reduce unfunded mandatory requirements and promote greater financial flexibility to address local educational needs.
• Training to meet the needs of local employers, promote jobs, reduce unemployment, and decrease poverty.
• Efforts that maintain seamless transitions between all systems of education.