The Chamber promotes a quality health care system that is affordable, accessible and supports overall health and encourages efforts to increase coverage, especially employer based systems.
The Chamber Advocates for:
• A moratorium on any legislative attempts to place unfunded mandates on hospitals.
• Legislation that leads to tort and malpractice lawsuit reform.
• Legislation that balances cost, access, and quality of healthcare.
• Federal and State reforms that allow small businesses to obtain group coverage and increased advantages from tax deductible medical care saving accounts and association plans.
• Efforts to ease the regulatory burdens on business that discourage participation in employer sponsored health care plans.
The Chamber Opposes:
• Initiatives that increase government regulations and administrative burdens.
• Regulations that lead to an increase of paperwork and administrative costs.
- Oppose AB 52 (Feuer) Health Care Rate Regulation Read More